Monday, December 16, 2013

Blue Boy Blocks Update

I had a very productive weekend and was able to make a lot of headway on the Blue Boy Blocks quilt I am making for Kevin. After squaring up the last of the blocks I was able to start arranging the quilt top.

Then it was time to start sewing it all together after grouping and stacking the rows. I was really pleased with how easily and quickly the top went together once all the blocks were assembled.

And I am just so happy with how it has turned out! 

The question now is how I'm going to quilt it. Hmm, that's going to require some thought. I spied some beautiful blue variegated Aurifil thread at my LQS last week when I was there buying the backing for my Mum's quilt, and was thinking that maybe that would cool echoed on either side of all inner and outer squares. My other question is whether or not I should add a border all around the edge. It's plenty long enough but I'm wondering if it could do with a bit more width. Thoughts anyone?

And speaking of Mum's quilt... I still haven't gotten my hands on some more white fabric to add that one last piece of border at the bottom. Grr. So I figured I'd just take a picture and share it with you all even though it's unfinished. I think my favorite fabric in this one is the "Hope, Peace, Joy" text print. I do wish I'd had some snowman fabric to throw in the mix too seeing as my Mum absolutely loves snowmen. Oh well, I guess that just means I'll have to make her a snowman quilt next year ;o)

I also got a lot of work done on a table runner I'm making for Kevin's Dad and his wife, but I didn't take any pictures of it. Duh. Oh well, I'll try and have something up by Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment