Wednesday, January 22, 2014

WIP Wednesday: Beatrix Bunny

There still hasn't been any quilting progress since last week, for some reason I'm just not in the quilting mood right now, but I have still been sewing and making progress (albeit slow) on my first little bunny, who I have lovingly named Beatrix after Beatrix Potter who wrote the Peter Rabbit series. I was a big fan of Peter Rabbit and all his friends when I was growing up, and hope someday to be able to read the series to my own children. I loved the Wind in the Willows stories too. Does anyone else remember those?

We've been rather busy lately it seems, what with having a friend/coworker in from out of town and lots of socializing, making some headway on sorting through all the stuff at Kevin's townhouse to get him fully moved into my place, and of course we had to watch the AFC Championships on Sunday to see the Broncos win their place at the Superbowl. Woo hoo! Go Broncos! :o)

So, here's the latter part of the week in pictures...

I ended last week with a few scores at my local Joanns - some pretty embroidery thread and needles, as well as 3 yards of super cuddly cream colored flannel that was on sale. Yay!

Little Miss Beatrix is almost done, I just need to finish up her dress by gathering the sleeves and waist. I'm debating whether or not I want to make her the wee little boots that were included in the pattern I bought to make her. I also want to make her some sweet little bloomers, and maybe even a petticoat. 

Just so that there's never ever doubt that she was made with lots of love :o)

I treated myself to some pre-cut 1" hexie templates too so I can give this whole hexagon thing a whirl. I see them popping up everywhere online and decided that I just have to give them a try! I think I'll use some of my leftover Soft Glimma FQ bundle to make my first few.

I got a fabulous new haircut on Friday, and was reminded yet again that I absolutely adore having short hair :o)

And because work has just been a *delightful* little slice of hell lately, here's the Christmas present I got for myself. I keep hoping that I will attain calmness through osmosis. So far, it's not working.

Linking up with WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced.


No comments:

Post a Comment