Friday, October 11, 2013

Etsy: My Other Addiction

Anyone who knows me knows that I absolutely love Etsy, and that I have bought several things there from custom dyed fairy wings for my Halloween costume, to make-up, jewelry and even some awesome pirate themed soap for my fiancĂ©.  I discovered earlier this week that Etsy is a wonderful resource for finding gorgeous quilting fabric at pretty reasonable prices.

If you read this post you know that I decided to take up quilting to make some quilts for my nieces who live in the UK. While perusing Etsy earlier this week I came across some absolutely darling fabrics that I want to combine to make matching quilts for the girls. Well, the fabric arrived yesterday and I just had to share it. (I haven't found a good spot in the house for taking pictures of fabrics and quilts yet, so please excuse the dark picture.)


I bought these from Sew Fun Quilts and I just cannot wait to use them.

I've got a (rapidly) growing list of quilts I would like to make as gifts for Christmas this year, and seeing as I've already got a fat little stash of baby clothes bundled up to send over for the holidays I think I will make the quilts for their 1st birthday in January, which happens to be just 10 days before my own. The goal is to get through all of my Christmas sewing first and then get started on their quilts, but this fabric is just so cute I'm not sure I can wait that long!

No comments:

Post a Comment