Thursday, October 10, 2013

My Favorite Time of Year

I took this picture the other day in the office lunch room, I just love seeing all those beautiful colors on the trees!


Fall is my absolute favorite time of year, especially here in Colorado where we are blessed with such a wide array of beautiful autumnal colors on the trees. Though, I have to admit that this year I am a little sad to see the warm weather going away. It might be the cold I refuse to acknowledge is coming on, or maybe the fact that I've lost 75lbs since February so I don't have quite as much insulation as I used to, but I'm definitely feeling the chill a bit more the past couple of days, and wouldn't mind just a few more days of warm weather. Of course, this is Colorado, and the weather here has been even more bipolar than usual, so there's still a chance for plenty of warm weather. Today is a slightly chilly 54 degrees, but earlier this week it was in the 80's, so you really never know what you're to going to get around here.

Seeing those gorgeous, rich fall colors got me thinking that I should make an autumn inspired something, be it a table runner, some mug rugs, or a lap quilt. I think I might have some nice autumn-ish fabrics squirreled away somewhere at home, and it might be nice to have a little warm blanket to keep with me at the office for those times between hot flashes when I'm a little chilly.

Now I'm just wishing it was time to go home for the day so I can get started on my next project!

No comments:

Post a Comment