Monday, January 13, 2014

2014 Sewing / Quilting To Do's

Seeing as I've been in a bit of lull lately as far as quilting goes due to having gnomes invade my skull I thought that maybe taking another look at the list of projects I want to complete this year might inspire me to work on the few UFOs I have and/or get a start on some of the other projects I want to do. So here it is, my bat-shit crazy rather ambitious list of projects for 2014. It'll be interesting to see how many of these I accomplish by the end of December this year, and how many more projects I add along the way. So here it is, in no particular order...

1. 'Diamond Dash' lap quilt for Mum's birthday - HSTs pieced, rows pinned and ready to sew
2. iPad sleeve for Mum's birthday - Done!
3. iPad sleeve for Father's Day
4. Notebook cover for Kevin
5. 'Blue Boy Blocks' quilt for Kevin
6. 'Pea Jelly Jam' baby quilts for Evie & Grace - tops completed, ready for basting and quilting
7. Baby boy quilt for Tyler's birthday
8. Dino Hat for Tyler's birthday
9. 'King of Diamonds' quilt
10. 'Queen of Diamonds' throw
11. 'Jack of Diamonds' lap quilt/wall hanging
12. '12 Months Swoon Quilt' (using mini swoon blocks)
13. Grey, plum and white chevron quilt for Neil's birthday (brother)
14. 'Topsy Turvy Triangles' quilt for Ian's birthday (brother)
15. Suburban quilt kit
16. Red, green, and white pinwheel table runner for Christmas
17. Modern maples table runner and possibly matching place mats and/or napkins for Thanksgiving
18. Camping/RVing themed quilt for Michele & St. Paul
19. 'Spooky Cutey' Halloween quilt
20. Christmas tree skirt
21. Christmas stockings for Kevin and I, and Evie & Grace
22. Set of matching paint brush roll, pencil case and portfolio carrier for Louise's birthday (SIL)
23. Christmas toys for kitties
24. Christmas toys for Bonnie (Mum's dog)
25. Quilted potholders
26. Matching cushions for Father In-Law and wife
27. Seamus the Sea Turtle plushie for Evie & Grace
28. Toothless plushie for me (I'm a dork, I know!)
29. iPad/tablet sleeve for me
30. iPad sleeve using hexies for Meta
31. Dresses for Evie & Grace
32. Halloween costumes for Evie & Grace
33. Comic-Con costume(s) for me (and possibly Kevin)
34. Halloween costume for me
35. Assorted cushions
36. Bluebird Park quilt for me
37. Knitting needle roll for Mum

Yeah, and there are a couple other ideas rolling around in my head but I haven't decided yet if I want to tackle them this year. Am I being ambitious, or just plain insane to come up with a list like this? Do I need an intervention?

No comments:

Post a Comment